Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 31: Rick Astley tells it like it is.

Significant moment of the day: Became an honorary member of the Selwick Spy School, Class of 1803.


"To Laura, Honorary member of the Selwick Spy School Class of 1803! I hope you enjoy the other Laura's story. All best, Lauren Willig"


Boo-Yah! My signed copy came with my tote bag! *happy dance. Yes, I'm a nerd. For those who do not know, I recently won third place in a contest on one of my favorite author's websites by designing a tote bag to commemorate her new book. As a result, I won (seen in the statement above) a signed copy of the new book which came out ten days ago, and a tote bag with my design on it. Hence, the happy dance. I'm really excited to start reading it! Also as promised, if you read the Pink Carnation series and you voted for me on Lauren Willig's website, you can borrow the book if you would like!


Okay. SO for the past 4 or 5 days, I haven't been able to keep up with the posts. I apologize. I know how much people rely on my calming and always insightful thoughts such as literature and classy television such as Saved by the Bell. But I needed a few days to regain my bearings from returning to school, being sick, blah blah blah. Point being...


I will never give you up...
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
This pretty much sums up how I feel about you guys.
In summary, there may be days where I do not include an opinion, musing, or idea. BUT: I will always make an effort to post my significant moment of the day. AND if i see a post without a blurb generally complaining about one thing or another, I will try and go back and fill it if i have a lot to say in one day (keeping it topically sound of course). OVERALL: by the end of this year, there will be 365 significant moments, and 365 thoughts. So don't fear. 

SO that is another significant moment of the day/ opinion of the day: I crossed an item off my TTDBID list...not my bucket list.

So in lieu of the posts I have been missing, clearly I need to organize my life better. Don't worry, i'm working on it. Anyways, speaking of things to do, when I received my book and tote bag today, I realized that I had inadvertently crossed a task off my "Things to Do before I die" List. 

One of the tasks on my TTBID list is to sell something I created. I created the design for the tote bag I just received. Others can also purchase my design. Lauren Willig had to purchase said design off of Cafe Press in order to send it to me. Ergo, I have successfully created something that is sold. To be fair, I didn't receive money for it. But In the end its kind of neat thinking that one day i'll be walking around a city and see my bag. Its a long shot, but its still a neat thought. 

Anyways, now the reason why I call my list the Things to do before I Die List" instead of the Bucket list.

So everyone has a bucket list, right? Well, I made my 'list' starting around age 12. Therefore, I didn't join that Jack Nicholson/Morgan Freeman bandwagon of calling it a Bucket list. Similar to how those born this year now have to calculate the 13th zodiac symbol into horoscopes, but everyone else sticks with the 12, I refuse to call my list the 'Bucket List'. Instead, I say my "Things to do before I die" (TTDBID) list Yes, 'Bucket List' is much quicker to say and write. But at what cost? Creativity. I think not Jack Nicholson. I think not.

Because everyone has a bucket list. But how many people have a TTBID list besides me? Exactly. Yes, I may be stubborn..but at least its unique, right? Another way of looking at it, is that everyone has a bucket, yes? But how often does anyone have a memo pad that says "Things to Do Before I die"? I would say hardly ever.  For the record, if someone finds a memo pad that says that....buy me one. I will reimburse you. Because that is pretty awesome. 

Case and point.

1 comment:

  1. I think your TTDBID vs. Bucket List logic surpassed me, but I do have a List of things to read before I die. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete