Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 17: Brinner is not better.

Significant moment of the day: I won the book in a bag contest!


Well, I was in third place with 61 votes. But its still exciting especially because I get a signed copy of a new book in a bag I designed. *Happy dance. By the way, Lauren Willig? Is wicked nice. Or whoever writes her emails. But I'd like to assume its Lauren Willig. Thanks to anyone who went on the site and voted for me. If you read the series, you are more than welcome to borrow my copy when I finish it :)

Anyways....opinion of the day: Brinner.

There are many things in life I have strong opinions or feelings towards. Over the course of this year, I am sure you will learn them all. But one of the strongest feelings I have in life is for my serious dislike of breakfast foods for dinner. (Brinner).

I don't know how it happened, or where the idea came from; but ever since I was a little kid I have hated the idea of breakfast foods for dinner. My poor parents. Most kids I know though Brinner was such a treat. But I have very strong memories of refusing to eat breakfast food that was placed in front of me when it was clearly not morning. I would refuse to eat any breakfast food after 12 o'clock (as I entered high school i changed that to 2 hours after waking up). I just thought it was the grossest concept in the world.  Even now while I write this, I feel sick and nauseated by the idea. I really have no idea why. I have no rules or issues with any other meal like their time frame or content.  Brinner is just weird.

THE RULES OF BRINNER:
1. Breakfast lasts up to two hours after awakening. After that you must wait until the following day.
2. Cereal MAY be eaten as a snack outside the two hour limit but ONLY if there is no milk in the bowl.
3. Toast may be eaten as a snack outside the two hour limit but ONLY if there is butter on it and not jam.
4. Bagels may be eaten outside the time limit but ONLY if it is used as a substitute for bread in a sandwich. If there is cream cheese or egg on it, no go.
5. These foods are strictly breakfast and therefore may not be eaten after breakfast at any time for any reason: muffins, doughnuts, whole eggs (not used in baking), pancakes, waffles, french toast, sausages (turkey).

I have issues. I know.

2 comments:

  1. You have strong opinions about some things in life?! SHOCKED!
    What about peanut butter toast? What if you are sick? Can you make exceptions? What about turkey bacon on sandwiches?

    :-) I am glad to see that you know that you have issues. AND congrats on the bag again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you're funny Ms Cournoyer! Well i don't like PB on toast so there's that, being sick is no excuse for brinner, and bacon isn't on the strict list. if its just plain bacon for dinner thats a no but if its in a sandwich its okay.

    ReplyDelete