Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8: 51 more weeks to go!

Significant moment of the day: Today I emailed one of my favorite authors...and designed a tote bag

I had such plans for today. Not really. Mostly I had planned to clean my room, which is starting to look like a war-zone. But when I went up to my room laptop in hand, I was steering into dangerous waters. I WAS intending on finding a movie on Hulu to watch during the room purge. However, I got distracted. Shocking I know. I ended up on one of my favorite author's website to find out when her next book was coming out. It seemed fitting, since my last post was concerning my reading rut.

Unfortunately, the next book comes out January 20th. Boo.

BUT! While I was reading about the book on the website, there was a post about a contest. Apparently if you design a tote bag related to the book and it wins, you could win a signed copy. Well, that sounded like a lot more fun that cleaning.

And that's how I spent the afternoon. Unfortunately, most of it was in vain, since when i went to put the design on the cafepress design template it didn't fit. So I had to readjust it and come up with a different approach. Oh well. Glad I had nothing to do.

Well...I also played Stratego for like...4 hours with my brother's fiance. But that's beside the point... especially because she won every game.

But back to the main point, I did end up sending an email, with design and Cafepress link. It was fine and dandy.

YAY SATURDAYS.

anyways onto the Opinion of the Day: I made it a week!

Not gonna lie...I didn't think I would end up keeping up with this blog. I thought I would get two days into it and just abandon it like most New Year's resolutions. I mean... it's only the 8th day so it's not like I've really accomplished anything yet. But it's a start for me!

Also, I would like to thank everyone who has encouraged me this past week. Especially Fitz and Meghan, for being my 2 followers on Mockingbored, as well as everyone who has commented (Fitz, Sarah, Eric). I really appreciate it and its definitely kept me up to speed. You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work!

Well, I survived the first week... but there's still 51 to go and I'm having a tough time thinking of persuasions to pursue. I reckon this week will be focused on thinking of go-to opinions to bring up daily. So stay tuned for that spicy twist.

Until then, stay classy.

<3 the week old Mockingbored.

4 comments:

  1. You won three. Plus you tried to make up your own rules which really should have been your thought/opinion of the day about how you like to make up your own rules to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played with my dad this afternoon. I blame him for my inability to follow the rules...he is ten times worse at that haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did he move traps because that is a big no no! Did he move YOUR pieces? Did he try to move the ten multiple stops resting on another player?

    Or did you just teach him the wrong rules?

    ReplyDelete
  4. RUDE. he kept trying to kill my traps with his scouts, he kept attacking with his ten, and he HATED sixes.

    I DID NOT TEACH HIM THE WRONG RULES.

    ReplyDelete