Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 12: Honestivy

Significant moment of the day: Having an honest conversation with a close friend

While the 15" of snow did make the day memorable, and soggy, the best part of my day was having a long and mature conversation in the middle of the night with one of my closest friends. Its been quite some time since I've had a conversation with someone where I felt I could give my full and honest opinion without hurting or offending the other person. Not that I go around having conversations with half-truths and lies, I'm not a sociopath. But it felt nice to completely divulge my opinion on the subjects, and i hope that they felt the same.

Opinion of the day: Why Poison Ivy is one of the best villains of all time.

Okay. I have clearly been on a Batman kick lately. But its only because he is the best superhero ever. Don't try to argue, it was clearly proven. And why shouldn't the best superhero have the best villains? My point exactly. Aside from maybe the Clock King, Hatter and Penguin, Batman has the coolest rivals in all of geekdom. And my personal favorite is Poison Ivy.

Many people don't give Ivy more than a glance, especially with the Riddler, Joker and Scarecrow roaming about. But Poison Ivy is not only one of the smartest villains, she's also one of the coolest. Here's why:

Like a milkstool, my case stands on three legs (reference?)
1. Poison Ivy is an underrated genius
Umm have you seen the things she can create using plants?! She's made venomous lipsticks, toxins that turn people into trees...and even has managed to create children using plants. Yep. She can clone people. Take that, Dolly... stupid sheep.

2. She fights for a legitimate cause, not just for world domination or havoc
Sure, at times she's a bit unhinged about her obsession with plants...but maybe if more people cared more about horticulture and less on power and corruption, the world would be a better/safe/sustainable place. None of her schemes are set to take Gotham by storm (although if she tried, she probably could), but to bring rich or corrupted people to justice for their toll on the earth/ Are her methods a little erratic and unconventional? Yes. But they are also completely genius, creative and awesome.

3. She has an arm cross bow
Yea. That's right. An arm crossbow. She also has a great shot, so win for her, boo for her rivals. Actually overall her outfit is kickass.

I think I made my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment