Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 30: For once, breakfast was the significant meal of the day

Significant moment of the day: Seeing a friend I haven't seen in a year and a half...instead of in 2 years.

This morning I had breakfast with my friend Hannah in the commons. Generally eating breakfast isn't a significant moment of my day (considering my opinion of the subject). However, I hadn't seen Hannah since December 2009. Due to our schedules, it was just how it worked out. I went to London January 2010, and then she went abroad the following fall, leaving no time to catch up a school. Actually, we almost didn't see each other for another 7 months or so, because she is going on another studying abroad experience. Well not really study abroad. Its an immersion program where OALs (Outdoor Adventure Leadership) students at IC travel to Washington and partake in outdoorsy things for the semester. Main point was it would almost be two years before we talked face to face. As it was, we left no awkward silences in catching up. We both shared our experiences abroad, me in London and her in Korea, and remarked how crazy it is we are already juniors, when it seems like yesterday we were freshman in the same classes. Anyways, that was my nostalgia moment of the week. And Hannah, if you're reading this have a great time out West!

No comments:

Post a Comment