Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 32: if i don't survive i love you.

Significant moment of the day: Time traveling.

It's true. Today, I time-traveled. To 3 years ago, when I was in high school and had to check local news for school closings. To my surprise, the trip went off successfully, and I was rewarded with a school delay until noon. I still have my three classes in the afternoon, but at least I can sleep late right? Magical. simply magical. Except the part where I almost died in my car tonight because the roads were terrible. I mean I didn't actually die, there was only one moment I lost control of the car and gracefully landed in a snowbank at the beginning of an intersection. But still. I actually sent a text message to my brothers and parents. It was this:
The roads are terrible and i have to drive back to campus. if i don't survive i love you. 

If you think I'm lying you can check my phone. Its there.

Which leads me to my discussion of the day: Famous last words.

Evidently I'm on a death streak? Little different than the Disney streak, but hey...its all good. Anyways instead of rambling about how I try to be unique by not using the term "bucket list" for a list of things I want to accomplish before I die, I thought this lovely post could be the top ten BEST famous last words.

So Ithacans, since you have a delay tomorrow (til noon at least), read up, enjoy, and sleep in.

TOP TEN BEST FINAL WORDS:
10. Well gentleman, you're about to see a baked appel. George Appel 1928
9. Am I dying, or is it my birthday? Nancy Astor 1964
8. Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something. Pancho Villa 1923
7. Now comes the mystery. Henry Ward Beecher 1887
6. Don't disturb my circles! Archimedes 212 B.C.
5. That was the best ice cream soda I ever tasted. Lou Costello 1959
4. I've had eighteen straight whiskies. I think that's the record... Dylan Thomas 1953
3. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-. John Sedgewick 1864
2. Either that wallpaper goes, or I do. Oscar Wilde 1900

annnnd the best final words are....

1. I'm about to-or I am going to-die. Either expression is correct. Dominique Bouhours 1702

This is clearly the victor because grammar is my favorite. Also, if that text was my last message it would've sucked. Must keep in mind for next near death experience...

1 comment: