Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day Two: Global Warning?!

Significant moment of the day: Splashing around barefoot off the coast of Maine in the beginning of January.

Today, I drove to Maine and enjoyed one of my favorite places in the world: Wells.  Of course when I say Wells, I mean Wells, York, Ogunquit and Kittery...but its all relative. I spent the day with my mother shopping, taking pictures, eating, and losing toes in the freezing Maine water. It was mostly eating if we're being honest. Ever eaten a Flo dog or a Congdon's doughnut? You're missing out if you haven't. It is my childhood at my grandparent's house in food form. Naturally, I eat it up in a heartbeat.

Now for my blog title. Sure, 2010 had the highest temperature ratings so far recorded, and today it was 50 degrees on January 2nd. But if you believe for a second that it means the ocean water of Maine is warming up.... you couldn't be farther from the truth. Let me assure everyone who is worrying the earth is heating up too fast...it is freezing as ever. (For the record: I do believe global warming is a serious issue...even if my feet do not)

Now many may ask, why did you choose to take off your shoes and run around the beach barefoot in Maine, in January? Well....I had to create some significant memory for the day now didn't I?

So there.

Opinion of the day: Hi my name is Laura, and I'm a Masshole

Driving up to Maine today, I decided what opinion I would venture to express in tonight's blog. By most people's standards and much to my mother's dismay, I am a Mass-hole. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I like driving fast, and when people get in my way I tend to use a sarcastic chipper voice and mumble/yell mass-hole...without the m. Alas, alack.

To be fair, let me just say I have never once gotten in an accident (knock on wood), or been in a physical confrontation with someone i have mumbled at or shaken my fist towards. So maybe I'm just an honorary Mass-hole... a supporter if you will.

The thing is, I tend to view my driving commentary as a way to vent to a stranger with no inhibitions. I mean, I'm in my car, and as long as my windows are up, no one can hear my all too chipper verbal confrontations at the person who just cut me off. So no harm no foul. Right?

So long live the Mass-holes... May the road rise up to meet you...and may you tell that woman from Jersey where she can put her non-utilised blinker.

Check out:
Masshole training grounds.

1 comment:

  1. This is your cousin Eric, just read this, and really wished that I was in Wells with you, dipping my toes in the ocean. Great post, excited to continue reading as you continue posting. Love you.

    ReplyDelete