Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10: Why I love men in capes.

Significant moments of the day: Learning how much i love people who fight for justice and people who love people who fight for justice.

Honestly, it was a great day. Nothing really significant happened, but it was small parts of my day that made the day a good one. I pushed myself during exercise which at the time sucked but in the aftermath i'm proud of, i had a big bang theory marathon with one of my closest friends, I made awesome progress on my screenplay for about two hours, played board games with my brother and friends and ended the day by marathoning Batman the animated series with two of my favorite people. What part of that day doesn't sound awesome?

Call me a nerd, but I love me the Justice League. Except Aquaman, who kinda sucks if we're being completely honest.  And I love Big Bang Theory, which pretty much knows my love for JLA and creates amazing situations for its characters that make me love them it even more. And I love writing screenplays which focus on crime-fighting citizens. Overall...a winning situation.

Which leads me to my opinion of the day: Why Batman is better than Superman

       vs. 



















I know people believe Superman is the best superhero. But here's the thing: Superman is perfect. Nothing affects him except kryptonite. And that's why he cannot be the best superhero. He works for the newspaper, he loves Lois Lane (which he's not human so we'll see how that works out...)Yes, his planet was destroyed and he protects the earth and yes he can leap tall bound and he's got more steel in him than a tanker... but where is the fun in that?

A superhero should be a person (person mind you NOT alien) who embodies the best in the people it protects. He shouldn't be perfect, because no one in this world is. A superhero needs flaws and fears in order to overcome them and develop as a hero.

Look at Bruce Wayne/Batman. He is rich, famous, charismatic, has amazing technology, the best cars and a real passion to help people.  He does his job not because its his only choice, because he wants to make his city a better place. He sacrifices having a normal life, or being the city's golden boy so that he can get the job done. More often than not, he sacrifices his name and reputation to make a difference, causing some people to look down on him believing he is playboy sullying his father's name.

I'm not saying Superman is a terrible superhero. All I'm saying is if I had to choose between King Arthur and Lancelot... I'll go for the Dark Knight, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment