Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 7: A day of less than perfect decisions.

Significant moment of the day: Going on a hunt around Nashua for Saved By the Bell Seasons 3&4


You don't have to say it. I know I'm a complete nerd for not only watching Saved by the Bell throughout my winter break..but by owning it as well. Seasons 1&2 emerged during Thanksgiving break. I mean, it was 10 dollars for both seasons. And as a tribute to my childhood I figured it was worth it. Then over winter break I have managed to get two people hooked (as well as piss off several more). For another 10 dollars I knew we couldnt leave off without knowing what happened to Zack and Kelly. So the search began. It actually started Thursday (yesterday) but ended quickly with no luck at the mall (there was an abundance of Little House on the Prairie though, which i found interesting, and a little disturbing). But today, while sitting around the breakfast table at Dan's in Ayer, it was decided that we would not rest until we found seasons 3&4. It was ridiculous. Every other season or movie (terrible) was available for purchase...except the college years (thank god). We searched Wal-mart, Newbury, and FYE.


I will probably never be as dorky as when i ran over to the television section of FYE, sighed when i saw the dreaded season 5, already purchased 1 &2 and never to be seen again movie but not seasons 3&4, asked the cashier if they had seasons 3&4, followed him as he walked back over to the section to reveal it was hidden behind the godforsaken movie, then yelled yay and did a little dance before i ran up to the cash register. The cashier was clearly a hater.


Not that I blame him. Looking back I'm actually quite ashamed at my behavior. Oh well, its the price i pay for a childhood of crappy 90's television. 


For 10 dollars.  


ALSO: In case anyone was wondering it took Poppy 3 days before she found away to escape and run around the neighborhood without a leash...she also freed my cat, Meeko. But don't worry both are back safe sleeping on my bed. 
Moral of the story: Firmly shut doors. Hem, hem. 


Anyways.....Opinion of the Day: ???


Honestly I don't have a distinct opinion or persuasion of the day....I got really caught up in the whole Zack/Kelly dilemma that I didn't have time to analyze children's movies or american literature. Judge me if you will, but it was worth it. I'll really think hard about tomorrow's though. 


But while I'm posting... i need book ideas.


I'm currently reading Eat, Pray, Love, The Once and Future King, and Grimm's Fairy tales. Weird bedside table readings combination I know. But after finishing the Hunger Games Trilogy, I've sort of been at a standstill of what to read next. I know I should just finish up the three books I have now, but none are really gripping me like The Hunger Games...so they're kind of just reading for the sake of reading books...that's never fun. I could just look at my book list or Goodreads account,...but I'm just curious does anyone have any good books/series they recommend? I'm usually up for anything.


Sorry this post wasn't really gripping. I'll hit my stride someday...hopefully. I've got 358 more to do so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment