Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 29: I'm well educated in A&E

Significant moment of the day: A&E squashing my dream of working in a Hawaii prison.

Yep. So today (actually Saturday..but we're pretending I update these every day) after sleeping about 14 hours, I woke up and immediately went for A&E, looking for some good Criminal Minds to watch over breakfast. Instead... there was a show called 'Beyond Scared Straight". Watching show clips last night during my CMM, I figured I would watch a bit. Bah! It was so good. Basically, if you don't know what the show entails, aka you don't spend your first weekend back at school watching Criminal Minds, the show follows youth-at-risk, or teenagers in danger of ending up in prison in a few years, throughout a day trip to prison, where the kids learn what life is like on the inside through convict-lead interventions. To sum up, at one point I had wanted to work in a prison in Hawaii (basically I was curious if there were open TR positions in Hawaii and found out a prison was hiring TR's). After watching a few episodes...I'm nearly certain although working somewhere tropical would be fun I am not set out to work with inmates. Sad day. But good show. Interestingly enough the Woman's correctional episode was far more scary to me than the programs lead by Men. In summary, female criminals are scary, and A&E controls my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment